K-pop, pioneer of cultural entertainment and the development of its audience 2.0
However, the main difference with its cousin J-Pop is with the connection of cultural values with its audience. These values, more hybrid and even transnational make it more accessible. The fans’ preference therefore comes unconsciously through the ownership that transnationality enables. Indeed, the community around K-Pop creates its own cultural context based on the consumption of Hallyu products. These codes and values often have no link, with the marketing itself, nor with the transasian traditional values: they are constructed by the media reception of the audience. Fans are active participants in building this hybrid exotic world, and it is actually the act of enculturation that becomes the key to entertainment. As such, K-Pop is a pioneer of the relatively new phenomenon known as Cultural Entertainment.
• Elaborated an online survey, collected about 1800 answers and analyzed the data
• Gathered partners to maximize the number of respondants
• Created a webpage to keep fans updated with the results and credit the partners
• Designed an Infographic to show the main results and promote my work
• Performed an oral presentation and received honors from the faculty’s jury
From September 2012 to August 2015.